Thursday, October 6

Blue Stone Drive

Our new home for the next, uh, I don't know year at the very least I guess.  We officially moved in with a zillion boxes on Monday the 3rd, but are still in the process of eliminating said boxes!  Also, setting up utilities, washer/dryer, Direct TV, cable/internet and getting the water heater to work! Whew.... luckily I am unemployed at the moment!

With all that said, I need to say that we are truly grateful for the safe journey here and time with family and friends along the route.  God has provided us with a roof over our heads and a wonderful job for Otto, and for that we are very thankful.  

He never ceases to amaze me, no matter how much I wander off the path, forget about who's in charge and forge my own way, He is always right there to pick me up and cradle me within his loving arms, quieting my complaining with His voice of reason and truth.  To say that this move has tested my patience and resolve, well that would be an understatement.  How do you calm a husband who demands hot water for a shower after a long day at work?  How do you reassure yourself that this IS the right place where we need to be?  How do you bounce back when the 2nd washer still doesn't work correctly?  How do you get up every day knowing the challenge that lies ahead only to be kicked back a few notches when things don't go your way?  FAITH and TRUST, my friends.  That is the only WAY!

Today my devotional said, and I quote "Some of my richest blessings are just around the bend; out of sight, but nonetheless very real.  To receive these gifts, you must walk by faith - not by sight."  Yes, Lord, I'm listening!  The problem is, my worldly nature wants all these gifts NOW!  Thank you Lord for reminding me that I need to be subordinate to you the Shepard of my soul and not to the world!

Well, I guess by this post y'all know that my internet was connected on the first attempt - the only thing that has happened on the first try!  Hopefully, the moving company will find our golf clubs - LOL - they are still MIA.

Thanks for being patient during my rambling, but please note, all is well.  In fact, when the Direct TV installers leave, I'm going on a mid-day run!  Something I haven't done in awhile.  Then, after Otto 'winterizes' the trailer (yes folks, we are in the land of freezing temps and must pour red disgusting RV/Marine Antifreeze into our trailer to keep the pipes from freezing!) we are off to store her in an enclosed storage at the fairgrounds for the winter.  It will be sad to say so long to our trailer for the next 6 months, but gives us something to look forward to next spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment