Monday, October 24

Our California Trip

We left Pennsylvania on a chilly Saturday morning, only to arrive in California to 80 degree temperatures.  Lovely!
Sunday was the blessed day our little Gianna Marie was baptized at St. Margaret Mary in Chino.  Most of the Jaques and Olivito/Stuck families were there to witness as Gianna was washed clean in the water and oil and receiving blessings from the entire church community! 
Gianna Marie in her baptismal gown.  She wore her momma's shoes and was wrapped up (only inside, since it was 90 degrees) in her daddy's blanket
After the ceremony we headed to J and Corynn's for some family-time, complete with adult beverages and sandwiches, fruit and salad.  What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon.  It was so good to visit with everyone, catch up on all the family happenings and share some good conversation with friends.


Nani with Gianna before the ceremony
The baby-fix started when we landed in OC were picked up by the Stuck family and headed to Billy's by the Beach for dinner!  It was so overcast, you could barely see into the bay, but still we were with three of our favorite people, the smell of salty air and some fine clam chowder to accompany a great evening!

Popi with Gianna at dinner
Otto headed back to PA today and I am splitting the remainder of days in Cali with Robin and Tree, then heading back to J and Corynn's after a short visit in the desert with the 'Ly/inda's!  I try to pack it all in!  Once I get back to PA, I've got to focus on  finding a job, so thought I would treat myself to an additional week with family and friends.  There's nothing like it, spending quality time with the ones you love!  Hope to get to see Tucker play football and Tristin in a scouting tournament for baseball.  Who knows, maybe I'll extend my ticket another week!  Oh, but I would miss my hubby too much!

Okay, back to reality.  Oh, Kayla and I attempted to fix a flat on the van as we headed home this morning.  we were almost there, but had to call in for back up!  Thanks Larry and Eric for the help.  We were on the right track just missed a few key steps, like un-tightening the lug nuts BEFORE jacking up the car!  LOL, it was funny!

Picked up some bonus-super chicken (boneless, skinless) s'more makin's and some pumpkins for entertainment tonight!  Gonna carve some jack-o-lanterns, roast marshmallows and share dinner!  Looking forward to a quite eve at home!  Oh, who am I foolin' - we're gonna jam with Rock Band!!!

I'll report on the rest of the week later!  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment