Monday, October 17

Has it Been a Month?

Yes!  We left for Pennsylvania on Sunday September 18th, so it has been one month since we drove East and away from the great state of Arizona.  Although we miss our friends and the desert, we are making our home here in Greensburg with positive attitudes!  Otto's job is going well and after a two week project of training in a new process, he is forging ahead to implement it with the supervisors.  I can really tell the difference in him, he seems happy!  The last three months in Arizona were a little stressful needless to say, so I am welcoming this new Otto with open arms.

Well, now on to me....  I have been busy unpacking and getting the house in order and making it more like home.  It's hard but nice in a way, being home, not heading to work and feeling that I accomplished something.  I've been cooking more, exercising more and doing the laundry; it feels nice to have this stuff done when Otto gets home.

Although I've been getting a lot done, I often think how before we moved it was so easy to stop to have a cup of coffee with my friends, or to meet my cousin, Linda for lunch, wave to the neighbors daily and share a beer on the weekend or even just to head over to Tina's.  Things are definitely different without those comfortable avenues and outlets.  It might be a longer process than I wanted, but I am trying to focus on today.... not tomorrow and what will be.  I found a weekly meeting to discuss liturgy at one of the churches in the area and Otto and I met another couple, Judy and Mark (Joyce's sister) and had breakfast after mass one Sunday.  Last night we attended Seton Hill's Ring and Sing, a chorale and hand bell concert performed by the students of the university.  My grade school friend, Mary (Brunasso) Smith's daughter, Liz performed. Since Mary and Danny live in Maryland, Otto and I decided to attend the performance and meet her Liz.  So, in God's time He is showing us glimpses of a normal life with friends and community again.  We, or I, just have to be patient.

Tomorrow I'll be taking the day off from the house and heading to some outlets in Grove City to meet Anne, a friend I met through Bible Study in AZ who lives in Erie.  Well, I'd better get back to work.  I almost have the office completely done and am working on finishing our room.  I hope to finish them both today.

God has provided all these things to us and we are truly grateful.  Whether we live in Arizona or Pennsylvania He is the same as he was yesterday, today and tomorrow.  A reminder not to get too caught up in the trappings of this world and to raise my eyes to the Lord. All this will pass away with time, but He is forever.

“The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare.” Psalm 25:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment