Monday, October 10

Last Week in a Nutshell

Greetings from sunny Greensburg!  Let me start out by saying 'life is good' but end by saying 'things sometimes don't go the way you planned.'
The view outside our front door

Decorated for fall

Well, we have hot water, that's a definite plus, but the washer still isn't working right.  But, thank God it is working which has kept me out of the local 'soap n' suds' -

Direct TV finally installed on Thursday and we should get delivery of our couch on Wednesday!

We found the Costco, Bed, Bath and Beyond and several other shops and restaurants that we are used to seeing right outside of Pittsburgh in Homestead - YAY!  Certainly won't be making that trip every week, but it is nice to know where we can get some Chang's, BB&B and Costco as well as Trader Joes!

So, life is good.  The weather is changing and most of the 'weather people' state we are in for a cold spell now!  Predicted high's in the 60's through the rest of the week, oh Lordy, hang on, here we go!  Really, today was the first day I woke up and thought 'hey, we live in Pennsylvania, we're not in AZ any longer Toto!'  Okay, so it's not bad, just different (my way of describing 'not sure' about it).  Ask lil' Tommy G, every time I try a new wine and not sure I like it, it's different.

I went for a run today at the local track, 'Lynch Field' where you will find, soccer and baseball fields and of course, the ice rink.  There were some hiking trails of sorts, but I wasn't brave enough to go that route alone; maybe Otto and I will test the waters this weekend.  Last Friday we found Rizzo's a local long-time running establishment that was pretty good.  It is in Crabtree, about a 10 minute drive from our house and out in the middle of nowhere!  We also found another Catholic church we may try, St. Bart's.

Otto tried out the gym at work and says it will do just fine.  A little small, but has all the right stuff.  At least we know we can work out during the winter if the weather becomes a hinderance (I'm kinda thinkin' it will).  I can go too as long as he is with me.

I will leave you with the gorgeous view from atop the hill by our new home!  Amidst the leaves changing, the sun sinks into a sea of orange, reminder that this day ends but a new day begins again, just as HE intended.  Let me release my worries, stress and fears to the One who cares for me!

Up the hill from our house, we sat and watched the sun set and.....

....the moon rise!
Blessings to you all from the Stucks in PA

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, you just have a way with words! I'm so glad you are embracing this new opportunity so optimistically :) Although I miss you terribly, I feel connected to your daily lives by your blog & FB posts.
    Oh, & I'll have lil' Tommy G. read, too! He'll get a kick out of your comment!!
    Take care my friend -- talk to you soon:)

    ReplyDelete