Monday, March 22

I've been thinking lately about the turmoil that we may experience daily.  Like the fight between good and evil, disagreements between co-workers, harsh words spewed out on our loved ones , and uncertainty of the future to name a few.  How do we bring peace to such a battle?  I feel as if I am being tossed around in the raging waters of an angry ocean.  How do we settle our thoughts and bring about the serenity we need to cope?

Thoughts such as these cross my mind often, and I wrestle with ways to help overcome and dismiss them.  I shake my head and my hands as if to slough off the bad feelings and clear myself of these invasive vines of discontent.

What causes the turmoil, doubt, fear or something else?  Is it the devil filling my head with negativity so to keep me aware from doing the right thing or turning to God?

In my search for the truth I don't doubt that I've gotten lost along the way because I don't follow the simple directions I've been given.  Turn to the Lord.  It isn't about which way to go, as in right or left.  It's about looking up.  Asking our Lord for help in finding the right path and turning to Him for the peace and comfort I seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment