Wednesday, March 24

FIFTY

I remember when I was younger, I would hear mom, dad and nana talk about so and so being sick, or so and so died and they were going to a funeral, and when I questioned them they said "as you get older, more of your friends get sick and you attend more funerals".  Over the years, I have found that to be true, and this weekend we got invited to a funeral.  A funeral for Jackie's youth that is.  Andie has put together an awesome 50th celebration for our friend, Jackie from Peachwood.  The theme is "a funeral for her youth".  How creative is that?  And if you know Jackie it's even funnier because first of all she spent many years working at a funeral home and even was the 'host' at funerals and viewings, and secondly, she is not the most upbeat and positive person!  I don't think that's what mom, dad or nana had in mind when they said those infamous words about attending more funerals, but I am really excited to see Jackie and some other Peachwood friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment