Thursday, March 4

Adventures

I wish that I would've looked at life as an adventure when I was younger.  I wish I would've done a lot of things differently in my life, especially when I was younger.  I wish I wasn't so afraid to take risks and I wish I hadn't taken life so seriously.  Okay, that's enough 'I wishes' for today.  The point I am getting to is this.... I don't 'wish I did' anymore, I do!  Right?  I've changed my tune, and the way I look at this life I have.  I've decided to do things that I never would've done before and I try not to take life so seriously.  This doesn't come easy for a control freak like me.  But it is getting easier. 

My spiritual journey has led me to the depths of my beliefs and my inner being, It got lost somewhere between 'I have to handle this' and 'gotta be perfect' for awhile, but it found its way back and now I try to let God lead me in this life He's given.  I look for His guidance in all I do, and try to live for Him and not me, which means releasing my worries and my life to Him. I still battle with the 'I have to handle this' and 'gotta be perfect' at times, but not as much because I know that I am not perfect and I don't have to handle it or solve it or fix it, only God can do that.  Once I turned to God and allowed Him to control my life I lost my fear of the unknown, I gained an adventurous spirit and I laugh more often, especially at myself.



If you read Leanna's blog or spoke to her recently, you now know that the Hanson's are headed to Turkey for a year and a half.  I am so excited for Jared and his new job and the adventures they will have living in another country.   I hope they are excited to learn about a new culture and the history of the country they will call home for awhile.  I hope they don't live in fear and I hope they take some risks.  I hope they live without regret, and I hope to visit them while they are there!



I don't want to live the rest of my life with regrets.  I want to live and learn from different life experiences and I want to share this with others.  I want to be able to say that I lived my life the way God intended and that I enjoyed the journey.  I want others to see my contentment and happiness, not my sorrow and regret.  As the kids get ready to leave and we say our good-byes for now, I hope that they too will see this as an experience of a lifetime and they live with no regrets.  So, let the adventure begin.

1 comment:

  1. OK,Gma update the passport, get a language book and enjoy the trip. Such a great adventure for the kids & Things. Can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete