Monday, April 16

Back to Reality

I've been absent from the blogging world for a few weeks, so I am catching y'all up today!  I got home last Wednesday, but was supposed to fly out on Tuesday.  More on that later.

Well, my time in California was just awesome.  Spent a week with J, Corynn and Gianna.  Jason had to coach a few of the days so I was able to spend some quality time with Corynn and Gianna - we went shopping one day and met Aunt Robbie at the mall, went to a wine tasting one night and even baked Nana's easter cookies and colored eggs!  J and I were able to run together a few days and we met Kayla for a birthday lunch at BJ's and saw Cameron jump at Cal State LA, and, of course we made it down to the beach for some Crab Cooker chowder! I babysat one night so J and Corynn could go to dinner and my pal, Denny stopped by with coffee.  I was able to do a lot, but one thing I didn't fit in; I was not able to see my dear friend Sheila who is battling cancer, but hope to see her in July - please keep her in your prayers!

I'm such a big girl now

First trip to the Crab Cooker and I'm sleeping

At the beach

Toes in the sand
  
In Huntington Beach, CA
Cameron clearing the bar for 15'3"
Gianna standing up!
Gianna is just getting so big; she started crawling and pulling herself up to a standing position the week before so she kept me busy chasing her all over.  On Saturday night Jason barbqued steaks, John (Corynn's dad), Lorielle and Gabe and Robin joined us for dinner.  That Sebastian is something, always busy! After dinner we sat around, had some wine and enjoyed some good conversation before going to the Van Dieren's for the night.  Robbie and I stayed up pretty late chatting and watching Long Island Medium and Toddlers and Tiaras - what a hoot!

Easter cookies

First easter eggs for Gianna

Sebastian pulling apart the alphabet mat
On Sunday the Chamberlains, Van Dierens, Dad and Sharon, Christian, Tucker and I all went to the Long Beach Rescue Mission to serve lunch to some needy families.   I was overcome with joy at the sacrifice made by the teens in our family to serve some less fortunate families on this glorious day!  I hope this may stir something in their hearts and they continue to volunteer in some way in the future.   We made it a fun day as we joked and shared smiles and some love as we served others.  The staff at the mission said we served over 900 people on Easter.  Wow!  After volunteering at the mission, we headed back to the Chamberlain's for lunch - we watched the Master's, several baseball games and then had an awesome game of Taboo with teens against adults.  Hilarious is all I can say!  We had some serious deep belly laughs!  I was able to meet my godson's girlfriend, Lauren and she jumped right in and played games with us - what a trooper.  She's a keeper Tris!

At the Long Beach Rescue Mission after serving
Back Row: Tyler, Me, Robbie, Cameron, Christian, Scot, Tree, Tucker
Front Row: Joe, Kayla, Sharon, Gpa-Dad, Tristin

At the Chamberlain's on Easter Sunday

The luncheon spread

Taboo
Sunday night, Robin and I spent the night at Tree's and headed out along with Tristin, Tyler, Tucker, Tony and Tree to Bixby Village golf; a nine hole course in Long Beach.  We piled out of the cars, late of course, hustling to pay, get balls and proceed to the first tee without too much commotion  An almost impossible task with this Olivito group.  And, before we were able to tee off while chatting with a golfer in front of us we were able to get him to give us a cigar (gar) to share.  His comment when he saw us later on the course was "it's nice to see you ladies enjoying a good gar" LOL  Good times, good times.  It was a blast playing with the siblings and boys - did we have some laughs or what?  Good deep belly laughs for sure!  Be sure to try the new Dixon balls, k?

Golfing with the siblings - 
So, Monday after golf we headed to Robin's, got In n' Out for dinner, played cards for a bit and after a jacuzzi sadly headed to bed; it was after all, my last night of vacation or not!

When I got to the airport I found out they oversold the flight and needed several people to 'give up' their seats.  I didn't volunteer at first but when they made the second call I thought "why not?"  Because I agreed to fly out the next day instead of later that day, I picked up a $500 voucher!  Otto was really sick and had come home from work early to sleep before he was supposed to get me.  I left a text and tried to call, but I  he was sleeping.  I was hoping he would be happy that he didn't have to drive to the airport feeling like he did.  When he finally called me, he sounded disappointed but glad I was coming home the next day.  I guess I forgot I had been gone for 18 days already, so I guess he missed me!   I called Robbie up and she cheerfully (at least I think!) came back to get me.  We stopped at J's game on the way home and watched a few innings of him coaching, said hi to Kevin Bowler (J's old high school coach) and then headed back to the Van Dieren's.  It was Robbie's bunco night, so I joined her and Janet and met up with the others for a fun night of dice!  I actually WON most wins!  I was able to see Wendy, who walked with Tree and I in the first Avon Breast Cancer walk back in 2006.  

Well, that about sums it up, I did get on the plane the next day and made it home safely Wednesday night after a delay in Phoenix and some flying around a major storm somewhere over the midwest.

I had a wonderful time and am grateful that I was able to see my family and be away from my hubby for so long.  Life is Good!


No comments:

Post a Comment