Monday, January 23

Rainy Days and Mondays

Remember that song by the Carpenters?  Well, if you don't here's a line from it....."rainy days and Mondays always get me down"!  But, really, they don't - Mondays should be embraced and faced head on ready to take on anything, especially after a weekend of rejuvenation!  Really though, we should face every day as though we could take on anything, because we can.

My day started off kinda slow, I had a list of errands and gym to get in before heading home to get dinner ready for the hubby.  But, I just couldn't get moving this morning, I fiddled on the computer, paid bills and before I knew it, it was noon.

Why are some days easier than others?  Well, for me I can say that when I start with God my day is definitely better, if I leave Him out of the equation, I usually have trouble -- this happens over and over for me so why am I surprised?  I'm not really I guess.  What I'm trying to say here is that when we remove God and His plans for us we sometimes wander aimlessly, complaining and well, slow-going.

Once I was out, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day, almost one that I missed because I was caught up and not focused.

As the rain starts hitting the windows again this evening, a smile is on my face as I know that no matter what the weather, if I focus on My God who is right here with me leading me through whatever storm may be approaching, I will be just fine!

Here's a picture of Otto's license plate from the other day - we had freezing rain with 2" of snow, now that was an experience!  Our neighbor thinks we are crazy, we were out there for 30 minutes trying to get the ice off the truck so we could get to the gym.  She kindly asked us for our kids' phone numbers so she would have someone to contact when something happened to us.  She is a little on the cautious side and wouldn't dream of driving in inclement weather.  She advised us to at least wait until it warmed up - it was 6 degrees, warming up was 30!  LOL  Boy, it sure is different living out here.  We ended up taking a walk, she was right, there weren't ANY cars on the road.  Once we got home we did some P90X abs + core and just hung out.  (love those workouts!)  We did venture out to church at 4 and it had warmed up to 24 degrees!

This week, it's supposed to be in the high 40's-50's and today at one point, it was 61 - crazy weather for January here in PA is all I'm saying!


1 comment:

  1. I live the new background colors! Glad you guys are doing well. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete