Wednesday, January 11

Here I am Lord!

"Here I am Lord, speak to your servant"  Samuel's response to His Father's calling.  It only took Samuel three times to get it right along with a little help from Eli!

Today I am thankful for my brothers and sisters in Christ who sometimes help me discern the calling I've failed to respond to.  Just like Samuel, I run to what is familiar because I fail to listen.  It is so easy to fall into worldly traps and snares that keep us from responding to God's calling.

Otto and I worked the food pantry at OLG last weekend and committed to return next month.  We've felt the call but neglected to answer.  I am glad we finally responded, it feels great to be back in service!  We need to open our hearts and ears to hear what else God is asking of us and respond.  We need to be His hands and feet!

As St. Francis would say, "Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."





No comments:

Post a Comment