Friday, May 14

Rooted

Our bible study this week had us looking up scriptures on being 'rooted'.  Jesus' parable of the sower describes those who do not endure in their faith as those who did not take root.  What does it mean to have a life that is properly grounded so you can endure?  The deeper your roots are planted, the stronger you are to stand firm.


In my quiet time this morning, I read about releasing control to God of the things I have no control over and the author compared this to a farmer tending crops.  The farmer has no control over the weather, so he plants his crops, protects them from the wind, feeds them and waters them if there is no rain.  He presses on and endures whatever comes his way.  He provides the crops with good soil and food and provides shelter, but he cannot control the wind, rain or drought that may come.



This week has been very reflective for me as many changes are taking place with our family and I have little or no control over most of it!  The bible study this week reminds me that it is important to feed my soul and mind with scripture to be firmly planted and to take root so you can endure hardships, and my reading this morning tells me that I can only take control of my own actions/life and that I have to release what I can't - doesn't seem so hard to do, does it?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Cheryl. I am in the same place this week and I really have to take heed!
    Love,
    Diane Vander Mate

    ReplyDelete