Tuesday, May 4

Leaving on a Jet Plane..........

All our bags are packed, but we're not ready to go!  These extra two days have made it even more tough to leave the kiddos in TN!



Yesterday we walked to downtown Franklin for some Sweet CeCe's yogurt and then on to Pinkerton Park to see the Harpeth River.  The sound of water pumps and chainsaws on the way overtook the usual sounds of quiet content and wildlife.  Amazingly, everyone's attitude was pretty up beat in the city, and although you could see devastation, the spirits here were not broken.

 Sewers overflow in Franklin and Pinkerton Park

We all seemed a little more quiet on the walk home, don't know if the scene caused it or just the fact that it was our last night here.  In 47 days, the kids will embark on their adventure to live overseas in Turkey for 18-24 months and although we don't see them daily, their travels will take them further away than a 4 hour flight!


 Playing golf and celebrating Gill's 10th Birthday

My thoughts see-saw from our time here to a time when we won't be so close and from excitement to sadness.  But through it all, this change is out of my control and I know our God is watching over them no matter where they may roam, right?  So, I try to steer my thoughts in the direction of our ever-loving Father whose hands they are really in, and steer my memories back to these last two weeks of time spent with them.

So, we are leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again.... oh babe, I hate to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment