Friday, April 23

Life in Franklin

 The dogwoods in bloom

Everything in Tennessee is blooming! Especially the grandkiddos, oh my gosh!  They are getting so big, popi and I have been enjoying taking care of them.  Well, really they take care of themselves, we've just been shuttling them everywhere.  School in the morning, soccer practice or games in the evening and a trip to the airport to get popi.  This friend's house to that friend's house - ohh the energy they have!

The kids and I outside their house after they got home from school

Last night we got to see Will in action in the goal and on the field, he is such a go-getter.  He had one save in the goal and a few assists on the field, more games this weekend.

Willie warming up before the game

After school today we are headed downtown to watch the younger Things run the last mile of their marathon!  During March and April they participated in the YMCA Country Music Marathon and ran 25 miles either through the after school program or on their own and tonight they will finish their last mile in Titan stadium.  Then tomorrow, Otto, Leanna and I will run the 1/2 marathon!  It is supposed to rain!  The unskilled runner in me asked "what do we wear if it's raining"? and Leanna says "a pancho"!  Well, of course I thought, a pancho!  What??? Well, anyway, rain or shine I guess we will be running - humidity 97 percent!  So, I will be signing off for now and will report our success and times to you on Sunday after the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment