Friday, February 12

Strength For Our Hearts

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord 
Psalm 31:24

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and as I sit here and reminisce on Valentine's past I am reminded of that first Valentine's Day as Mr. and Mrs. Stuck and a homemade cake with red hearts and i love you written on it.

Life seemed very simple then.  Most of my thoughts and time were spent on having a child, preparing the nursery and setting up a house for our new little family.  We lived for the moment.  But, sadly without allowing God to guide us or lead us.  There were so many times I cried out to him for help, or to complain without really wanting to let go and let Him help or guide the situation.  I never recognized how He was working in my life.  I was the fixer and cruise director of this ship, I tried to do it all myself and didn't hope or really trust in the Lord.  Over the years, when my heart was bruised, battered or broken, I didn't acknowledge that it was my heavenly Father who gave me comfort, healing or the strength I needed to carry on.  Even without recognition  He continued to work in our lives. With those days behind me I can smile because I now know who is the one who was so present in my life then and still strengthens my heart!

My earthly valentine (Otto) has always been there to physically comfort my aching heart, but my Father is and will always be my heavenly valentine!  He will strengthen our hearts beyond what anyone else could do if we let Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment