Wednesday, February 24

A boy named Jason


As I wrote my last post, it dawned on me that I didn't blog about a boy named Jason.  So, here it is......

This little boy came into the world very quietly, unlike his sister who made a big deal about her appearance, after refusing to show up on time!  This tiny boy made his debut back in 1981, January 9th at about 1pm in the afternoon, only a few days off the guesstimated due date of January 5th.  Not a lot of fanfare, not a lot of drama.  Jason just isn't about drama.

Anyway, this boy was very talented, he followed his dad around with a baseball bat, ball and glove, then appeared on the sidelines of every tourny game to play catch and hit with him.  He was definitely an athlete.  And, now he is sharing his skills by coaching.  This boy also has a softer side;  he often crawled into my lap just to cuddle and even well into his teens he would sit on my lap and snuggle; he even kissed me in front of his friends!

 

I just want to recognize that this little boy who turns 29 this year has turned into a heck of a young man.   I love that you are sharing your love of baseball, your talent for connecting with others and teaching our youth.  We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you recognized him, he is a great guy isnt he:)

    ReplyDelete