Wednesday, February 24

Happy Birthday Leanna

Four Generations

Yesterday, Leanna had a birthday, her 32nd.  It was 32 years ago Otto and I were newleyweds and soon to be parents.  It seems so long ago but as a parent I can tell you, I remember almost every moment of my  delivery, especailly when they laid her on my belly and said, 'meet your little girl'!
Otto looked on and our eyes met for a brief moment, his were filled with pride and mine tears.  I wonder if he noticed the apprehension, confusion and fear.  Although I was excited I had thoughts of 'can we be good parents to this tiny baby?'  Well, I barely had time to think these things before she was taken to do 'whatever babies do while they wait for their mommies to recover' and  I was wheeled out of the delivery room to recovery.  I slept for the next 6 hours and it wasn't until then that I was able to hold her again and get the confirmation that I'm reallly a mom now!

  
Me and Leanna out for my 50th
Well, as I said 32 years has past and so much has happened throughout our lives that I couldn't possibly write it all down, but one thing I do know, it has been a wonderful journey! Oh, don't get me wrong there were hard times along with all the great times, but overall I want to remember the joy!  I also have to thank God for the daughter he gave us and for the woman she has become.  So, Leanna, happy birthday and thank you for the joy and love that you have brought to our lives, and others!

1 comment: