Thursday, December 10

The Reason for the Season

Well, I have been absent in the posting arena for awhile (at least with my thoughts, opinions, etc), so as I jump back on the horse and throw my two cents into the ring let's talk about Advent.
Advent is a time of preparation, preparing our hearts and minds to receive the gift of Love delivered in the form of a baby child named Jesus.
Just as we would prepare our home for any guest, we should be examining our hearts, minds and will.  Are we ready to have this visitor be a guest in our 'home'?
We all get really busy this time of year with all the Christmas hype at the store, commercials on TV and kids 'can Santa bring me this toy?', but let's keep in mind why we are doing all this.
A friend of mine posted the busy-ness of Martha and the flip side, calmness of Mary.  Leanna posted about losing the true meaning of Christmas in all the hype, and a co-worker blogged about a 'simplier Christmas' (excerpt: My wish for all of us this season is that we are able to slow down, live healthier, live more “in the moment” as my colleague so aptly aspires, and to cherish what we have rather than what we would hope to have. We can start by not letting the season complicate our lives, but rather simplify them so I figure it's a topic that is on everyone's mind).
So, what is it that we should do?  Well, I believe it is different for everyone, but most importantly, let's keep Christ in Christmas - HE truly is the reason for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment