Wednesday, January 7

Troubled Hearts

Ever get that feeling that something just isn't right? You can't quite put your finger on exactly what it is, but you know you are out of balance, 'off kilter' or whatever cliche' or term you choose to attach to the feeling. Some people will look inward searching their heart, mind and soul to find out what is causing that annoying feeling. Others will look outward and possibly seek professional help. Me, I usually do both. When my life feels out of control or 'off kilter' I sometimes need that nudge and be reminded to trust in God and take my troubles to him first instead of trying to solve it all on my own.
As we inch forward into 2009, I hope to rekindle the flame of my desire to become closer to Him, be devoted to a quiet time and keep the fire burning as I search for answers. God is there, waiting for us to call upon Him and to trust in Him to calm our troubled hearts. Make the call!

"Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me."
John 14:1

No comments:

Post a Comment