Wednesday, January 21

Pressing On

The past few days I have been following emails between our family regarding a family vacation which turned into a discussion about the economy; specifically budget cuts and spending that will affect professionals in education. I was really touched by the passion that J has for his profession and his commitment to encourage the youth he teaches to persevere. But, I was also saddened by his comment that his morale has been low and he felt this is affecting the way he is teaching.

Don't we all get discouraged at times? What do we do when this happens, where do we turn to reverse the negative thoughts of uncertainty, disappointment and anger? We need to stay the course, and persevere by putting our trust in God and seeking Him to help us through.

Here are two scriptures I turn to often....

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

"Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

I hope that we all will be encouraged to stay the course and keep our heads up when all seems lost. We never know who is watching us or looking to us for guidance or direction. Our actions will speak louder than our words, so if others see us as discouraged and negative, then they too may be negative. In words attributed to St. Francis of Assisi, "We spread the Gospel by modeling Christ, always preaching sometimes using words."

Mom sent out a cute story today about a dog today, and these words jumped off the page at me.

Remember....live every day to the fullest. Each minute is a blessing from God. And never forget....the people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care for us.

Let's continue caring and sharing Christ's love through our actions. Don't be discouraged by events that we can't change, but to help change the things we can.

Love you all,
Cheryl Lee

1 comment:

  1. I agree.
    Concerning the issue of morale and a "good attitude" in life even when things are tough I am sure it can be done, but I see a couple problems.
    1. We have been taught to want. When we don't get what we want we get "down".

    2. I am sure their is a relationship with the Creator that satisfies that desire. Fully receiving our need for all things; affirmation, desire, love, friendship (fill in the blank) from Him thus not having the need to be satisfied by others; or rather, things, possessions, even love. We can get those things from others, but when they are not there (and they are not there often) it doesn't matter-we have all we need from this Creator.
    That is where, as I see it, we all lack and fall short, and to be perfectly honest, I am so disgusted that I have not found it yet.
    Good post.

    ReplyDelete