Wednesday, May 2

My Way

Today I was confronted with this - the path I choose to take is not always the one someone else would choose to travel or visa-versa.   I really let something bother me today that I had no right or reason to bother me!   I was annoyed, and it took awhile for me to come down off my high horse (something my Nana would say) and quit being annoyed and bothered.  At times, I find myself getting caught up in others' actions and choices and forget that my thoughts and actions are my own and so are theirs.  Everyone does not think like me or would do what I do.  Don't we all though, honestly feel that way sometimes?  I am learning to let go, but still need a gentle reminder at times.  Today thankfully, the sun and the ceasing of water falling from the sky nudged at my adventurous spirit - ah ha, my gentle reminder, let it go!

So I got on my running shoes, grabbed my camera and headed for the hills, well Twin Lakes actually, which is in the hills!  I did a quick lap around the lake (it was very hot and humid) and then sprinted for my camera when I noticed a hawk circling the lake enticing me to just try and catch it dipping into the water for its evening meal.

I spent the afternoon just the way I wanted to.  With camera in hand wandering around the lake and then parking it on a bench for hours, just shooting anything and everything that moved.  Whether in the bushes, trees or in the water, I snapped away.  For hours I was content to sit, listen and snap, but mostly just be.  Be me, uniquely and wonderfully made by the Father - just as others in my life are made, made to be who they are and make their own choices.

And, below you will see the fruits of my labor, my therapy, the serenity of being me.   I captured the hawk soaring and searching, two sunfish playing as they chased and kissed all the while avoiding the hook of the ever-hopeful fisherman, those fishermen waiting patiently while sharing stories of their day, and an as-yet unidentified bird, a few walkers sweating it out with their pups and some random beauty!

I need more therapy!  More days where I leave others' choices to them and choose what I love without bother, guilt or regret.












3 comments:

  1. I have had to force myself to do things I want to do...By the way, I think it is a Gray CatBird...

    ReplyDelete