Tuesday, August 9

You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life...
~ Deuteronomy 30:20
 
Such a GREAT reminder that the key to my life is to Love my Lord and God.  Obey Him.  Commit firmly to Him.  Yikes, that's what has been missing, I'm only partially committed; I have one foot on earth, the other in heaven.  This scripture hit me head on, and yes I have that 'deer in the headlights' look.  I've been struggling a lot lately, emotionally and physically. Putting a lot of importance on my needs, wants and desires without even a glance heavenward.  Oh, I've said my prayers, read my devotional but I think that I've been going through the motions, as they say.  Not really stopping to obey and commit my life in its entirety to God.  No wonder I've been having trouble.
Okay, sometimes I need a good rap on the noggin, well today I got it, and I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment