Thursday, August 18

Find Me In The Midst Of The Maelstrom....

That is how I started my day yesterday, picked up "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young and started to read.  "Find me in the midst of the maelstrom".  The word sounded familiar and I figured it had something to do with chaos so I had to look it up since I wasn't sure.  Here's is Webster's definition:

1. a large, powerful, or violent whirlpool.

2. a restless, disordered, or tumultuous state of affairs: the maelstrom of early morning traffic.

3. ( initial capital letter ) a famous hazardous whirlpool off the NW coast of Norway.
 
Well, there you have it! Yep, that hit the nail on the head - our lives right now are a restless, disordered tumultuous state of affairs... So, yet again, my devotional gave me just what I needed to get through the day!  It goes on.... "Whisper My Name in recognition that I am still with you.  Without skipping a beat in the activities that occupy you, you find strength and Peace through praying My Name.  Later, when the happenings have run their course, you can talk with Me more fully.  Accept each day just as it comes to you.  Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances.  Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes.  Remember that nothing can separate you from My loving Presence; you are Mine".
 
Last week, I talked to my manager about teleworking if Otto was transferred and let's just say, I didn't get a 'warm fuzzy feeling' from our conversation.  So, yet another item that can't be checked off our list.  Our list of items is growing, and only a few check marks appear on it.  It seems like everything is in turmoil, finally an offer from Pittsburgh, an interview scheduled for San Antonio and the looming date of September 16th hangs over all.  So many unknowns.  But, if I focus on the uncertainty of events instead of the certainty of trusting His design and purposes I would be lost.  So, we forge ahead into the unknown with the maelstrom ever spinning, but with His design and purpose as our focus, not ours.

Today as I sit in a hotel room in New Stanton PA, possibly our future home I have no fears, no anxiety what I have is a calmness that is frightening.  Peace amidst the chaos I guess.  I just keep remembering that nothing can separate us from the Love of God and that my friends is what keeps us going during the maelstrom we are in the midst of!
 

1 comment: