Friday, July 1

Strong Enough

I was listening to Matthew West sing 'Strong Enough' this morning and he belts out my absolutely favorite verse  'I can do all things, in Christ who gives me strength' and it got me thinking.  Thinking, am I strong enough?  Well, not really on my own I'm not.  These columns are remnants of a city built 2,000 years ago, unearthed recently and on display.  They once held up marble walls, statues and arches that made up the streets of Ephesus.  On their own, they only look like columns, but when joined with other columns and sheets of marble they make up a complete, strong and sturdy structure.

Ruins at Ephesus, Turkey
This is sure a time in our lives where Otto and I need to be strong.  But, we have to remember we are not strong enough on our own, we need God who is our strength.  We don't know what lies ahead for us, but we need to have faith, and know that God is by our side giving us strength, being our strength.

Here's a few lines from the song.

"I know I'm not strong enough to be
everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
For the both of us"


We should remember, we don't have to take on the world alone, because he is our strength and all we really need is Him!

You can check out Matthew's song on YouTube 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUGIE46gplk


No comments:

Post a Comment