Tuesday, July 5

Are You In God's Way?

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that in due time he may exalt you. Cast all your anxieties on him, for he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7



Anxiety.  We all feel it from time to time and it can creep up and overtake our life if we let it.
As we go through our day, it may feel like we aren't gaining any ground or reaching our goals, or have the answers we are looking for.  My daily devotional this past weeknd said 'leave your day to Jesus, don't get in his way' and then I received this scripture in my email this morning with a note about not turning it over to God and getting in the way of God's plan by making your own plan.
What do we do in these times?  Where do we turn?  Well, 1 Peter 5:7 answers that question with 'cast all your cares on him, for he cares for you'. 

I know I say every day that 'I am giving it to God' but do I really?  Or, do I go about the day trying to control the situation with 'my plan'?

My goal this week is to stay out of God's way and not make plans that may take me off course.  I will try and allow God to shine through me, and I will allow him to lead me!

No comments:

Post a Comment