Friday, September 3

A Purposeful Heart

Avon Walk - 2007
 
In my quiet time this morning I was reading an oldie, but goodie "Just Like Jesus" by Max Lucado.  The beginning chapter speaks about 'the heart of Jesus'.    To summarize.......His heart was pure, he was adored by many, yet lived a simple life.  He was cared for by many women, yet never had a lustful heart.  He was scorned by man, but willing to forgive.  Wow, big shoes to fill, huh?  Reading on......it talks about Jesus' reaction to circumstances in his life; where others around him feared the storm, he slept and when the disciples abandoned him, he didn't go home and pout! (I especially like that reference).  He carried on and refused to be sidelined by anything else by His higher calling.

Do I have a purposeful heart?  Or is my heart set on worldly things that often don't matter. Do I often go home and pout if things don't work out the way I want?  How do I handle adversity?  If I place myself in the presence of God, must my heart be pure and full of purpose?  Well, do not fear because we already have the heart of Jesus, if we are in Christ we already have the heart of Christ.

If you have given your life to Jesus, then He lives in us!  How awesome is that, just give your life to Him and He is in you ---  now we are free to live that life He intended for us, that purposeful life! So what are you waiting for?  I want to live a life of purpose and follow my higher calling.  I am on a journey to live for Christ, and if you are too but don't know how to do it, pick up your Bible and start by reading Colossians 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment