Wednesday, September 15

Do You Need to be in Control?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Well, do you?  I certainly think I do, most of the time.  But, I am reminded time and time again that it isn't up to me to control everything.  I need to lean on and trust God and not my own understanding!

Sharing our home has not been the easiest thing to do, being empty-nesters and on our own without anyone else to worry about.  I was in control of what and when I made dinner, when I worked out, what I watched on TV, when I cleaned, etc.   But bring another adult and two kids into the mix and I was no longer in control of anything it seems.  It is my nature to step in and try to understand and know everything that goes on and try to fix it if not to my liking.  Well, this certainly doesn't sit well with our house guests!  I laugh here as really, it doesn't sit well with me either anymore.  It's just what I've always done, try to fix everything, make everyone happy.  I need to trust that God has it under control and it isn't up to me.  Not such a bad trait to have, wanting to help but really, is that my job?  Well, yes, sometimes it is, but not always.  As a read this scripture today and the little personal story written with it, I am reminded that sometimes all we need to do is show up and be there, and not control everything and leave it up to God.

Today Tina told me 'I'm just complaining, don't talk logic to me right now'.  Yes, Tina, I should listen more. To you and to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment