Tuesday, June 8

Trust in Christ Jesus

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4: 6-7

This scripture popped up in my InBox today, and the words 'His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus"  I am always searching for peace and rest, peace with my decisions and actions and rest for my life.  But, I am usually so busy planning, doing and searching that I fail to be quiet and at rest!


When we are at rest God speaks to us, He often tells us His desire for our hearts during this time.  I often fail to stop and pray, be thankful and hear His answer to my prayer which keeps me from knowing peace.  In my constant struggle for a consisten 'quiet time' in the mornings, I have started this mantra as I wake each morning.  'God first' - this prevents me from turning on the radio, TV, picking up my cell phone or even getting dressed until I pick up my bible or devotional, or just sit in quiet and pray!  This has helped me tremendously these past few weeks and has confirmed that I need to put God first in my life and my life will be more peaceful and I make more decisions based on His wants and desires for my heart than my own.

I hope that each of you are taking time to listen to God by not worrying, but by praying and waiting for Him to tell you what He desires of you!


The Peaceful Colorado River

No comments:

Post a Comment