Wednesday, January 20

Love ~~ The Way The Truth and The Life

Love is in the air!  Otto asked me last week what I wanted to do for Valentine's Day this year, and after thinking about it for, oh maybe 2 seconds I told him I wanted to go camping and take the boat out.  Two things I LOVE to do with the man I LOVE. 

Okay, so today on my way to work I heard this new song by Newworldson on klove (positive and encouraging music) and the first words are... "You say love is just a word, just four letters in a row" and then later in the song.... "But if love became a man, if the word had flesh and bone. Would you recognize His face, if He came to bring you home."

Before I go on, some of you may already know this, but I am a big fan of music.  It is an inspiration and a coping mechanism that I have been able to use throughout my life.  I really get into the music and listen to the lyrics, especially if they are about something I may be struggling with or need direction, and it helps me get through some tough times.

Now, back to Otto's valentine question.  If you notice in my response to him I used the word love twice, once to describe something I take pleasure in, camping and boating, and second to describe an affection for my husband. 
But this song talks about a different kind of love, one that is 'flesh and bone'.  An actual being that is love, and that love being hope and a lifeline.  God sent His only son to be love to the world.  And folks, a lot of the time we miss this love.  We forget that we can reach out to this love at any time or place, and that the love that Jesus has for us is available 24/7 whenever we need it! 

Just talking about it reminds me of another song "looking for love in all the wrong places", haven't we all done that?  Yep, guilty as charged!

I really like this song because it reminds me that Jesus is love, and that we won't find the love we need from other people, places or things, not the kind He has and is for us.  He will be there and we are never alone, there is no love here on earth that will satisfy the kind of love Jesus is.  And, just like the song describes, "just like a hand that's waiting for you.  And if you believe in this I promise that you won't be alone."

"There is a way, the truth and the life, and the way."

No comments:

Post a Comment