Thursday, September 24

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Well, it is that time of year too. But, really are you ready for the Fall, or Autumn, whatever you call it. I love this time of year. Of course, I love a good football game too, but I like that it cools down in the evenings here in AZ, the air smells fresh and the sky is, well, bluer!

I feel refreshed. I'm not sure if hot weather is stifling, or I stifle myself, but fall invigorates me! I feel I can take on the world, waking up to a little fall breeze where the trees barely move, cooler mornings with coffee on the patio! That really gets me going.

I feel renewed. Renewed with a sense of purpose, dedication and discipline to study God's Word - I guess this year I thought of summer as a break, like from school. Not that I wanted it that way, it just happened. I hiked a lot this summer, meeting friends early, 5:30 am some mornings. What a way to start the day! Yes, you think. But, I took a break from my daily quiet time and got caught up in the world. I guess my 'L' needs to take a hike! Not that it was bad that I hiked, but I still needed to focus on the Word, and I didn't.

So, what do I do now? Keep trudging up that I failed? NO, I am not doing that, just moving forward and taking it one day at a time.

Just like a fall morning, new with each sunrise, God forgives me if I ask, and I move on with renewed purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment