Wednesday, August 26

Renewed

Ever feel run down, unmotivated and just plain defeated? Well, lately I have been feeling like that; to put it bluntly, I feel under attack. Does this come from my lack of faith? Is it real or imagined? Am I playing the victim? Yikes, what is going on?

It wasn't until this past week while on vacation and removed from my normal daily routine, that I was able to analyze and look clearly at the problem.

Life has a way of putting stones and stumbling blocks on our path so we have to make choices and possible change our course or figure how to get over the barracades. Where is my path headed and the stones I have encountered, should I proceed over or change my course?

This is what I have determined - for one, I haven't been too faithful in my personal time with the Lord; two, I've been allowing outside influences to alter my moods; and three I continue to try and 'fix' my problems instead of laying them at Jesus' feet!

Vacation is good! Fresh air, no schedule and the ocean breeze has a way of renewing and refreshing my outlook. During my time away, I wasn't burdened with the hustle and bustle of a busy work day, evenings figuring out dinner or dealing with finances, phone calls and other miscellaneous 'things' that tend to be placed on my path and clog my mind preventing me from focusing on what is truly important.

As I return from my time away I've decided to use this list when deciding which path to take or when feeling attacked so I can focus on what is truly important:

God first
my husband and family next
then me
work and whatever else

When I put my focus on God, all the else seems to fall into place and becomes clearer and gives me strength to face the challenges of life! Releasing my life to the One who is truly in charge makes choosing the right path a little easier and most often ensures a smoother path than the one I would have chosen without His guidance and protection!

I am thankful for the time to be away from the daily grind to focus on my relationship with Jesus and the importance of putting Him first in my life -

No comments:

Post a Comment