Thursday, February 7

Gloomy February Day



These gloomy days are not helping my motivation I'll tell you!  It's been cooler here with cloud cover all week long.  I've been hounding the Internet job boards and sending out resumes again, it seems like I've been looking for a job for a year, oh wait, I have been. 

We are settled in at J and Corynn's, I'm looking for a job,  I've joined back up with the old Bible Study from St. Margaret's and am helping lead a group of young women, so at least I have a ministry here.  I'm attending my AZ Bible Study through Skype every week and Otto is all settled in at work, and yet I seem unsettled within.  I can't figure out why I feel so low, so tired and lack motivation. 

What is this nagging feeling that I have?  I need to figure it out.  

Well, hello quiet time!  Here is the answer for sure, what was I thinking trying to figure it out on my own.  The first words of my devotional this morning said "Come to Me for rest and refreshment.  The journey has been too much for you, and you are bone-weary.  Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion.  Instead, see it as an opportunity for Me to take charge of your life."  Duh!

Romans 8:28 proclaims  "We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose"  His purpose, not mine.  All my scrambling and planning, controlling and worrying are not necessary, because all I do should be for His purpose not mine.  Yikes, how did I miss the mark so terribly?  Because I am human and am of the world.  So, the worldly battles I face are typical, but without me including God I surely will fail.  What He has planned is for good, that I need to remember.

Psalm 42:11 says "Why, my soul, are you downcast?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."  Put my hope in God?  Have I forgotten that along the way?  So, the nagging feeling I have is me just trying to do it all on my own and the lowliness is because I am not praising God and putting my hope in Him.  Okay, okay, I get it!  Let it go and let God, right? 






No comments:

Post a Comment