Friday, October 12

Notes from the Road

Well, I left PA three weeks ago and I've been rolling along since then.  First we attended our dear friend's son's wedding in Mesa and had an absolute blast with the AZ gang. We visited with our Briles Rd neighbors and had breakfast with the Worden's.   Then, Otto returned to PA (hey, someone has to work to fund my travels!) and I remained in AZ for two weeks visiting family and  friends, hiking, working out, enjoying yummy food and just soaking up the desert.
Hangin' with the AZ gang at the Rasmussen's



 J, Corynn and G came out for a softball tourny the following weekend, and I was able to spend some quality time with them, capped off with a visit to the Ortegas for some yummy tacos.


Reading with mommie at Ken and Bea's before
 leaving for the tourny

Jason on base after a hit

Cooling off after a long day on the field
Monday I headed to mom's to visit with her and Tina and Eden.  Linda and I left bright and early for Kingman.  We also stopped in Oatman at Mom's shop, Naughty Nellie's before heading back to Phoenix







Mom's shop in Oatman
 Back in Phoenix, I stayed with the Gerhardt's!!  We laughed, played cribbage, worked out, lunched, dinnered and visited!  A trip to the Botanical Gardens, The Farm and Abuelo's was on the agenda and this girl was a happy camper, filled with laughter, joy and friendship that I hope will last until my next visit.


hiking buddies

catching the sunrise hiking at Thunderbird Park

dinner with the AZ girls
Lunch at The Farm in Phoenix
I was set to return to PA on the 5th, but my great Aunt Fran passed away on the 3rd so I changed my ticket and headed to CA with Tom and Linda on the 6th.  I planted myself at Robbie and Joe's and even had a visit from Cameron home from CSUN for the weekend.  I was able to make it to the Crab Cooker for yummy clam chowder and for a walk on the pier with Tom, Linda and Joe and we ended that evening playing poker at Jamie and De's.  Got to see Freddie and Leah, Jon and Dena and of course Krammer and Dylan.

Monday night was the viewing with pizza at Gina Marie's and Tuesday the funeral and luncheon at Graziano's in Yorba Linda.  It was a wonderful celebration of life and great to see some cousins and visit at the restaurant.

The cousins, Tree, Sandi, Tony, Robin, Linda,
 Cheryl, Frank, Nikki and Larry
The Kincaid's


At Graziano's
Sandi and Tony
Wednesday I headed east to J and Corynn's and spent the entire day on Thursday with Gianna.  We walked to the park, well I walked while she rode in her chariot, and just enjoyed the beautiful day!




I'm meeting up with a friend for lunch, then babysitting G tonight and enjoying the kids for the weekend with a trip to the Pumpkin Patch with Kayla and G before heading home on Monday.  I've enjoyed my time away but really miss my hubby and I know he is missing me too.  But the joy and fun this trip has given me was much needed and he understands!  Boy, I love that guy!  We FaceTimed (?) last night and it was good to see his smiling face!  I'll be home soon, my love! <3 p="p">
Enjoy the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment