Tuesday, November 22

Thanksgiving

Fall Sunset in Julian
Reflecting on the past few months, I am very grateful for all that we have.  Okay, so I gave thanks.  But, as I was looking at the title of my post I realized something that I've neglected to do for awhile.  I've got the Thanks down, what about the 'giving'.  I know, we are supposed to 'give' thanks.  What happens when we look at Thanksgiving a little differently.....  Advent is soon upon us and we are supposed to prepare ourselves for the Lord.  One way to prepare is to empty ourselves of what turns us away from God and another would be to empty ourselves of what others may need.

Since leaving our church community in Phoenix, we have not been tithing regularly or involved in any of the other programs that required us to give of ourselves, like Habitat (building for the less fortunate) or Andre House (feeding the homeless).

I am looking for somewhere to 'give' of myself and hope to start volunteering at Catholic Charities next week.  I hope that during this time of thankfulness that we remember the 'giving' in Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!
BBQ'd Turkey - Lake Pleasant


No comments:

Post a Comment