Tuesday, October 5

Contentment

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content
Philippians 4:11 (NKJV)


I'm puzzled at times by how I get confused with what 'being content' is.  Should I just be happy with my situation or where I am in life, is that contentment?  Or, is it being happy with my choices and decisions?  Is it fully placing my trust and faith in God?  Well, I guess it could be all of these.


If I'm just content with my life right where I am that is okay, but without the belief that God is the leader of this expedition am I really content?  And, if just being happy with my choices without acknowledging that God leads me, am I content?  Well, I guess I could be.  But my belief in God is what makes me who I am, so I think without acknowledging Him as the great I am and Creator of us all, this is all for naught, right?


I feel the most content when I do place my life, completely, in God's hands - but why oh why do I question my path, my choices and my decisions if I am right where God wants me to be?  I guess, that is human nature and something we can't get away from in this lifetime.  Free will I suspect has made us question our choices. But free will also gives us the ability to choose.  So, bittersweet!



No comments:

Post a Comment