Monday, June 22

Life Changing Events

just my thoughts....

Well, our family was hit with tragedy Saturday morning when my sister, Tina called from Minnesota to tell us that her boyfriend was airlifted to the hospital when she couldn't wake him up for work. Dean was on life support and pretty close to death the entire weekend. Talk about a life changing event. My mom flew out to be with Tina and the girls, Kaya (12) and Eden (9)late Saturday night. Wow -

Today when I talked to Tina, Dean had just woke up and had been breathing on his own for about an hour --- what a miracle!

What is going to change about their life as they knew it? What is going to be different about the way they live?

As I grow up (that's what I refer to as aging, growing up), I tend to look at things a lot differently... I relish in a beautiful day, take time to smell the flowers, use my china/crystal every day and even burn those fancy candles. I don't want to miss a minute of anything! People become more important than things, relationships do matter and boy do I want to be debt-free!

The Olivito-Karlen family is faced with this now. Will Dean look at his life differently? What can and will he change about the way he lives. How will Kaya and Eden change? What about Tina, losing a life-partner is a harsh reality, especially at 40!

I sure hope that this life-changing event will turn into a positive in their lives! It's too early to tell about the physical and mental state for Dean, but we are hoping for a miraculous recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment