Friday, December 21

Packing Day and Snow!

As I sit here listening to the sounds of pots clanking, tape tearing and paper crinkling, I watch the soundless snow falling to the ground and my mind is already traveling to California where the warmth of the sun's rays will soon be hitting my face.  Today is the first day of winter, and boy it sure rolled in with a vengeance, it is cold and the wind chill probably has the temps in the low teens.   It is hard to keep the chill out and seeing the house slowly emptying of its contents the cold sets in a little further.  Deep in my heart I long for the sunshine of California, but I know I will miss the beauty of Pennsylvania and all the wonders we have seen, even on days like today.


 

The emptiness of the cupboards and bare walls remind me that as easily as things come, they also go so I need to enjoy this moment.  I am looking forward to the time in Minnesota with family, but I am here now in this moment, enjoying the sights and sounds that surround me on this chilly winter day.

So, wow, it is really happening.  We are moving, again.  What a whirlwind of activity that has brought us to this moment.


As we close out the last few weeks of 2012 we look forward to whatever God has in store for us in California and along the way but we remain ever grateful for our time here in PA.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment